There was a recent post on Search Engine Land that i found interesting and thought I would share. It focuses on how Google’s Mayday Update has possibly hurt affiliates that were banking on long-tail traffic.
The main issue with this right now is how affiliates that run affiliate data feeds are seeing a negative impact in the SERP’s (Search Ending Results Page).
- If you have quality content and specifically targeted the long tail, you should be fine.
- Those that were doing it casually are going to have to step up their game and become legitimate with the content they are using.
- This can only improve the quality of results.
- Building 100’s to 1000’s of pages to target keywords may not work.
- external links will hold more weight.
- Focus on internal link structure.
- Change up your datafeed.
Overall the end result: Create quality content and Google will reward you.
Read the Article Here
Michael Bowen is the Performance Analyst at Geary +PMG.